CEATEC AWARD special website
Your innovative ideas change the world
We are looking for your innovative ideas
that will open up the future.
The CEATEC AWARD recognizes and awards highly innovative and outstanding technologies
from academic, technological, marketability and future potential perspectives.
What is CEATEC AWARD?
The CEATEC AWARD is given to the most innovative and outstanding entries at CEATEC, where cutting-edge technologies from all over Japan and the world are gathered,
This award was created to stimulate the industry by introducing superior technology to the public and contributing to the creation and development of new value and markets.
It is a prestigious award that is judged rigorously by relevant academic societies, media, and government ministries.
We hope that you will be able to take your product or idea to the next stage that will play a role in changing the future of our society.
We invite you to enter the awards to help take your company's products and ideas to the next stage as technologies that will play a role in changing society in the future.
The Minister's Award will be given to the entry that best contributes to the development of the CPS/IoT society and the realization of Society 5.0 through advanced utilization of information communication, network, data, AI technology, and IoT technology, as well as digital utilization in local communities.
The Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Award will be given to the project that is judged to make the greatest contribution to the development of CPS/IoT society and the realization of Society 5.0 by creating new value through the use of AI, robot technology, big data, and other technologies.
The award will be given to the entry that makes the greatest contribution to the creation of a prosperous lifestyle and a strong society where people can choose the most appropriate services for their stage of life by solving various issues through the maximum use of digital technology.
Entries will be selected from a wide range of new technologies, research and development, solutions and business models that will contribute to the realization of Society 5.0.
Elemental technologies that support the realization of Society 5.0, devices and technologies used in those devices, and their development concepts will be selected.
Entries will be selected from start-up companies that have developed advanced technologies and products and are bringing them to market, as well as from universities and research institutions that are aiming for social implementation.
Projects will be selected from a wide range of applications in which companies from diverse industries and business sectors partner with each other to co-create a unique theme for the realization of Society 5.0.
Awards will be given to products and services from overseas exhibitors that are evaluated in terms of specific feasibility, contribution to society, technological excellence, and global marketability.
Greetings from the Jury Chairman
CEATEC AWARD Jury Chairman
（President, MM Research Institute, Inc.
Mr. Waichi Sekiguchi
The CEATEC AWARD has awarded number of innovative technologies and solutions that have significantly changed the world. We live in an era in which it is difficult to predict the future, such as the rapid evolution of artificial intelligence (AI), but it is precisely because we live in such an era that we would like to award wonderful technologies and solutions that will change the world and advance the world. The judging committee looks forward to receiving many submissions.
Application deadline: Friday, August 25, 2023 at 17:00
(per 1 application)
- Applications for the Advanced Technology, Device, and Co-Creation (Co-Creation) categories
Application fee: 55,000 yen (tax included) per application
- Applications for Startup and Global
Application fee: 11,000 yen per application (tax included)
*Please refer to the application guidelines.
(Application period has ended.)
All applications will be reviewed by the judging committee members based on the attached documents.
2. Preliminary Screening
Based on the results of the document screening by the judges, the first round of judging will be held to select candidates for the Minister's Award and the category awards.
Exhibitors who pass the preliminary screening will be informed of the final screening after the preliminary screening.
3. Final Screening (Minister's Award and Category Award)
The Minister's Award and Category Award candidates selected in the Preliminary Screening will be selected at the Final Screening, which will consist of a presentation of the project and Q&A session by the exhibitors.
Explanation of candidate projects and Q&A session
Exhibitors who have passed the preliminary screening will be invited to attend the meeting and give a presentation on their projects. The screening committee members will then hold a question-and-answer session.
Minister's Award and Category Award Final Selection MeetingAfter the presentations and Q&A session, the Minister's Award and Category Award Final Selection Meeting will be held to select the Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications Award, the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Award, the Minister of Digital Media Award, and each category award.
4. Announcement of Minister's Award and Category Award
The Minister's Awards and Category Awards will be announced on the official CEATEC website, in a press release, and in a press release.
The Minister's Award Ceremony will also be held at the Palace Hotel Tokyo.
5. Global Category Award Selection Committee Meeting
Jury members will review and select the winners at the CEATEC 2023 exhibition hall.
6. Award Ceremony: Held during CEATEC 2023.
- If you wish to apply for multiple projects, please complete a separate application form for each.
- You may submit up to two files of supplementary materials per application.
Materials with images/photos and technical details that provide a concrete image of the submitted project (PDF, no more than 10 pages in A4 size)
Video materials: MP4 format (Optional)
Please be sure to include the name of the exhibitor and the name of the submitted project (abbreviations are acceptable) in the file name of the supplementary materials.
- Without supplementary materials, there is a possibility that information necessary for screening will be insufficient during the preliminary screening (document review).
- Applications are limited to technologies, products, services, etc. to be exhibited at CEATEC 2023.
- Regardless of the area in which the exhibitor exhibits, applicants may select the category in which they wish to exhibit at the time of entry. (First and second choice). Please note that awards may be given to the division of the second choice due to the judging committee's selection process.
In addition, the Co-Creation, Startup, and Global Awards will be given to projects and exhibitors that meet the respective entry requirements.
- Co-Creation (Co-Creation) Division Award Entry Eligibility
Projects that have been jointly submitted by multiple companies or developed and commercialized by multiple companies and submitted by the representative company are eligible for this award.
- Entry Eligibility for the Startup Division Award
Start-up companies that have been in business for less than 9 years, or universities and research institutes that aim to commercialize their products.
One Grand Prix and one Runner-up Grand Prix will be selected for each category, but the Runner-up Grand Prix may not be awarded as a result of the selection process.
- Global Category Award Entry Eligibility
This award is open to projects directly exhibited by overseas companies and research institutes with headquarters outside of Japan.
Projects submitted by overseas exhibitors in other categories will also be included in the selection process for this award.
- If multiple companies jointly apply, the representative company must fill in the "Application Contact Person" column and the jointly applying companies must fill in the "Joint Application Company Name" column.
- The representative company must exhibit at CEATEC 2023 and also exhibit the submitted project.
- Even if a project is not entered for the Co-Creation Award, it may be considered for the Co-Creation Award if it has been developed and commercialized by more than one company.
If you are entering a project for an award in another category, please include the name of the co-developer/organization, if any, in the Summary section of your application.
- The submitted project must not infringe on any other patents, etc., and must not have any patents pending.
- Applications will be invalidated in the event of fraudulent activities, such as false statements, or activities that undermine the objectives of the project after the application has been received.
- During the review period, the information provided by applicants will be disclosed only to the Review Committee, and will be handled with the utmost care.